PE and Sport Premium Funding
Our aim for PE at St Mary’s C of E Infant School
We aim for all pupils leaving Prestbury St Mary’s Federation to be physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy, active lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
Key Aims of the PE Curriculum
1. The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles.
2. The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement.
3. Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport.
4. Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils.
5. Increased participation in competitive sport
Purpose of Sports Premium
At the end of 2017/2018 there will be £11,617 carried forward in order that the school can purchase a play fort that would enable children to be active during all playtimes.